Do you want to study abroad Medicine?
- November 9, 2019
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Educational Consultants study abroad consultants in Dubai Study in Australia Study in Canada
Deciding to study a degree in Medicine abroad is an important step and you have to be very motivated because Medicine studies is very competitive in India but also in countries outside Europe.
Unlike India, there are some countries that do not need entry tests to access Medicine. In England for example you will find some of the best universities in the world and titles are recognized internationally. All universities are limited in number and admissions are based on the requirements established by the individual institutions. In addition to preparation in science subjects, you will need to take a logic test and an English exam. In addition, registration procedures also include reference letters and a cover letter. Hobbies and voluntary activities are very important to get a place in the university.
And in other English-speaking countries?
England remains perhaps one of the most “simple” English-speaking countries where it is possible to start the educational journey to become a doctor. For example, studying in Australia or study in Canada Medicine can be very expensive. Even if you could work in Australia or work in Canada to keep yourself. In addition, for international students, places to access Medicine are limited.
In Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Great Britain, on the other hand, job prospects appropriate to their training and well-paid after a Master’s or Doctorate are much higher and the university research sector is constantly fed with private and state funds. In short, they spend on their own training, but work and research is done by the student.
How is the Medicine course in England organized?
Usually the medical pathway at the university in the UK is long:
You attend minimum 5 years of Medical School to get the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. Then you can finally choose the specialization you want to study for another two years.
What is the procedure for enrolling in Medicine in England?
To enter medicine there are no real entrance tests, but each university is limited.
Each university has its own admission requirements but in general the following are required:
- Have obtained the A levels in chemistry and biology that correspond to the high school scientific diploma (minimum mark required is 95) or already hold a degree in scientific subjects;
- Take the IELTS Academic English test and score between 6.5 and 7 out of 9;
- Pass the clinical aptitude test, which aims to assess your logical, mathematical and verbal reasoning skills.
- Entries, with all the documentation to be submitted, must be submitted through the UCAS website, which manages registrations for all English universities.
And if I haven’t received a high grade in the State Exam, can I still access Medicine?
Of course yes! You cannot directly access the medical school, but there are alternative options that can still make you reach the final goal of becoming a doctor.