List of Universities for Study in Canada


  • Complete the Application Form
  • Submit Documents
  • English Language Proficiency
  • Track your Application
  • Accept offer
  • Apply for Study Permit
  • Register for the Course
  • Pay Tuition Fees
  • Prepare for Canada : Immigration and Travel
Application Process

Application Form:

  • Complete the Application form and submit with necessary documents
  • Keep in mind the deadlines for the Applications.
  • July 1st for September admissions (Fall)
  • November 1st for January admissions (Winter)
  • March 1st for May admissions (Spring)

Submit Documents

  • Official transcripts or notarized copies are required from all institutions attended (both secondary and post-secondary)
  • Translation is required if the official copies are not in English
  • English language proficiency score
  • Portfolio (if applicable)

Proof of English language proficiency

  • Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English to be considered for admission
  • If you do not have the required English proficiency then you may enrol for the English Language Programme
  • you may be asked for additional documentation by the university to consider the application

Accept the offer

  • Receive a confirmation e-mail message of your application.
  • Sign, scan and Email the Acceptance Response form to the university

Apply for Study Permit

  • If you are not a Canadian Citizen or permanent Resident, then you require a Study Permit to study in Canada
  • Visit for more information

Register for the Course

  • Register for the Course before arriving at the University

Pay your Tuition Fees

  • Some universities require you to pay for the tuition fees in full or in part. Check the university requirements


  • Application to change Condition, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a student (IMM5709)
  • Use of Representative (IMM5475) if you are using an authorised representative
  • Authority to Release Personal Information to a designated Individual (IM 5475)
  • Custodianship Declaration –Custodian for Minors studying in Canada (IMM 5646)
  • Statuary Declaration of Common Law Union (IMM 5409) If applicable
Document Checklist


  • Proof of Payment
  • Photocopies of passport pages
  • Photocopies of travel or identity documents
  • Photocopy of your current immigration document (if applicable)
  • Photocopy of your Marriage Certificate or Marriage License(if Applicable)
  • Proof of Acceptance or Enrolment
  • Proof of Academic Standing at institutions : Photocopies of Transcripts
  • Proof of Funds Available


  • Documents should be in English or French
  • Do not submit original Documents unless instructed to do so


The minimum admission requirements for international applicants to First Year are listed below. Prerequisite courses should be presented in the final year of their secondary school or equivalent program.Applicants from overseas must send the official documents of their secondary education indicating subjects taken and grades obtained. Eligibility for admission may be determined with submission of photocopies or unofficial transcripts. Notarized English translations are necessary if the documents are not in English. Photocopies are not accepted. In some situations, attested copies of official transcripts may be acceptable.

English Language

  • Applicants whose native language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English subject.

General Certificate of Education (GCE)

  • Five Passes on the General Certificate of Education including two at the Advanced or, four passes on the General Certificate of Education, including three at the Advanced Level. Two Advanced Supplementary (AS) Level courses may be substituted for an Advanced Level Course.
  • Science must include Advanced Level Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Engineering must include Advanced Level Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Nursing must include Advanced Level English, Biology and Chemistry. Commerce must include Advanced Level Mathematics.

International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma

  • Applicants who have completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum overall score (depending upon the course and university), and passes in a minimum of 6 subjects including at least three courses at the Higher Level.
  • Applicants who are also completing a provincial or national high school program have the option of being considered for admission on the basis of the high school program.


  • Thanaweya A’ama (General Secondary Education Certificate)
  • El Salvador
  • Bachillerato (Academic program)


  • All Indian Senior School Certificate/Indian School Certificate/Higher Secondary Certificate

United Arab Emirates

  • Shahadat Al-Thanawiya Al-Amma (Secondary School Leaving Certificate) or
  • Tawjihiyya (National Secondary School Certificate)

United Kingdom

  • Five Passes on the General Certificate of Education (GCE) including two at the Advanced Level (or four different Advanced Subsidiary academic subjects) or, four passes on the General Certificate of Education, including three at the Advanced Level


  • Valid Passport or Travel Documents.
    • It should be the same that was used to apply for study permit
  • Letter of introduction from the visa office that was received when the STUDY PERMIT was approved.
    • It contains the permit reference number.
  • Copy of Letter of Acceptance from the Designated Learning Institution
  • Proof of Funds to support yourself
  • Letters of Reference or any other document that was told at the time of visa by the Visa office
Prepare for Arrival


If you arrive in Canada with more than CAN $10,000 Disclose this information to the CBSA officer 


  • Education level you are permitted to srtudy in
  • If you are allowed to work in Canada
  • If you require a medical Examination
  • If your travel is restricted
  • When you must leave Canada.


  • Canadian immigrant Visa/ Student Visa
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence
  • Valid Passport
  • 2 copies of detailed list of all personal or household items you are brining
  • 2 copies of list of items that are arriving later with monetary value
  • Inform Canadian Official if you are carrying more than CAN $10,000
  • Vaccination Record
  • Birth certificates or baptismal certificates
  • Marriage certificates
  • Adoption, separation or divorce papers
  • School records, diplomas or degrees for each family member traveling with you
  • Trade or professional certificates and licences
  • Letters of reference from former employers
  • A list of your educational and professional qualifications and job experience (for your résumé)
  • Driver’s licence, including an International Driver’s Permit and a reference from your auto insurance company
  • Photocopies of all essential and important documents, in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)
  • Car registration documents (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada)


When you arrive in Canada, you will have to go through two screening interview


  • An officer from the Canada Border Service Agency will greet you. The officer will ask to see your visa and travel documents and check to make sure that you and any family members traveling with you have the proper travel documents. The officer will find out about your health and will ask you questions similar to those on the immigrant application form.
  • Are you traveling with your family?
  • Have you been convicted of a serious crime in your home country?
  • How long do you plan to stay in Canada?
  • How much money do you have with you?
  • Are you healthy?
  • Have you been to Canada before? Were you required to leave?


It will be to establish he good that you are carrying.You must give the officer the list of the items you are bringing with you and a list of the items that will be arriving later. The officer will go through both lists with you and may ask questions about some of the items. The officer may also inspect your luggage.

Be prepared to answer these questions:

  • What are you bringing with you to Canada?
  • Do you have any live animals or plants with you?
  • Do you have any firearms, ammunition or fireworks with you?
  • Do you have any meat or dairy products with you?
  • Do you have any fresh fruits or vegetables with you?
  • Do you have any items from endangered species?


  • You must have been accepted by a designated learning institution in Canada.
  • You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
    • Tuition fees
    • Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
    • Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
  • You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
  • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
  • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.


  • Proof of acceptance
  • Proof of identity
  • Proof of financial support
  • Letter of explanation
  • Other visa office documents

i. Proof of Acceptance

The university/institution will send you a Letter of Acceptance. Include the Original letter with the study permit application

For attendance at a post-secondary designated learning institution :

  • Current letter, registration paper or form from the educational institution which shows
  • confirmation of your acceptance and registration as a student;
  • the course of study;
  • how many courses you will be taking and how many hours you will attend each week (not required if you are attending a university or college);
  • intended start date and when you expect to finish the academic program;
  • any condition related to your acceptance or registration (When there is a condition related to your registration, you may have to satisfy us that you have met the condition before a study permit can be issued); and
  • proof of academic standing at institutions: letter from institutional registrar and photocopies of transcripts from your last two periods of study, if you have studied for two consecutive periods (trimesters, semester etc.) prior to your application for renewal of your study permit.

ii. Proof of identity

  • Valid Passport or Travel Document
  • Two recent passport size photographs
    • Mention name and date of birth at the back of the photo
    • Check the photograph specifications as per requirements.

iii. Proof of financial Support

Proof to establish that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
  • your bank statements for the past four months;
  • a bank draft in convertible currency;
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.

iv. Letter of Explanation

Letter to explain to the visa officer why you require a visa.
It should clearly state where you wish to study.


Fill out the following Forms

  • Application to Change Condition (IMM 5709)
  • Document Checklist (IMM 5555)
  • Custodian Declaration (IMM 5406)
  • Use of Representative ( IMM 5476)


You must pay a Processing Fee for each service that you require and all fees must be submitted with your application. If you apply for more than one service on a single application you must add up the fees for each service and submit the total of the fees with your application.
Make sure that you are eligible before you pay your fees and that you provide all the information requested before you submit the application. The processing fee will not be refunded, regardless of the final decision once the Case Processing Centre has started processing the application.


To apply online

  • You will be required to create a MyCIC profile and to register or log in using GCKey or Sign In Partner.
  • Submit the document checklist:Make sure you complete the Document Checklist (IMM 5555) and include it with your application forms and supporting documents.

Additional Information

After the visa office receives your application, the visa office might request more information or documents. These may include the following:

  • Medical information
    In most cases, you will need a medical examination. A visa officer will send you instructions if you need one.
  • Security information
    If you want to study in Canada, you and any family members who come to Canada with you, and who are 18 years of age and over, may have to provide police certificates.


If your application is approved

  • A letter of introduction will be sent to you confirming the approval. This letter is not your study permit. Bring the letter of introduction with you to show to immigration officials at the point of entry when you arrive in Canada.
  • An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) will be issued if you are from a country whose citizens need an eTA. If one is issued for you, it will be indicated in the letter of introduction you receive.
    • The eTA will be linked to your passport. It is important that you travel with the passport you used when you applied for your study permit.
    • The eTA will be valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
  • A visitor visa (temporary resident visa) will be issued if you are from a country whose citizens need a visa
    • The visa will be in your passport. The expiry date on this visa indicates the date by which you must enter Canada. You must enter Canada before your visa expires.
    • The visa will also indicate if you can enter Canada only once (a single-entry visa) or if you can enter Canada multiple times (a multiple-entry visa).

If your application is not approved
If your application is not approved, the visa office will send you a letter explaining why your application has been refused. An application might be refused for several reasons:

  • You have not shown proof that you have enough money to support yourself while studying in Canada.
  • You have not passed the medical examination if one was required.
  • You have not satisfied the visa officer that your primary intention in Canada is to study.
  • You have not satisfied the visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your period of study.
quick query