Visas For Study Abroad: What Is Important To Know?
- July 15, 2021
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Study in Australia
Everyone who wants to go to study abroad asks the question: how realistic is it to get a student visa Australia without any problems? By observing the rules and deadlines, everyone has a chance to acquire the desired document.
Why can’t you study abroad on a tourist or work visa? It is the student type of document that confirms the legality of your stay in a foreign country during your studies, gives the right to part-time work, food and travel benefits within the state.
Stages of obtaining a study visa
Usually, getting a student visa comes down to two points:
- Filling out an online questionnaire;
- Personal interview at the embassy.
To get to the interview, you must enter all your contact details in the electronic application, upload a photo and pay the application fee. The amount of the payment depends on the selected country. It is better to clarify the current cost by calling the embassy or consulting study abroad education consultants.
For an interview you will need:
- The passport;
- Printed visa application submitted by the educational institution
- Receipts for payment of consular fees;
- A bank account to pay for the first year of study and residence abroad or the presence of a university or government scholarship.
When applying for a short-term program, for example, a three-month course at a language school, you need additional documents:
- Certificate from the place of work. It must confirm the need to learn a foreign language with native speakers;
- Data on the proposed course of study – an official invitation from an educational institution on letterhead with an indication of the course, dates, confirmation of enrolment;
- Receipt for payment of the foreign language course;
- Confirmed reservations of air tickets, hotels, rooms on a student campus or documents on accommodation with a host family, indicating the exact dates, address, phone numbers, payment;
- Availability of medical insurance.
Features of study visas for Great Britain, Canada, USA
In the United States, foreign students use a student visa, such as student visa Australia, which is a non-immigrant document for academic study at American universities or for language courses. The visa allows you to work on campus for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
In Canada, a similar document is called a study permit. Those wishing to obtain a study visa must submit an application on the Citizen and Immigration Canada website.
UK student visa – TIER 4. It enables students over 16 years of age to study in language centres and colleges, take pre-university training programs, and study at universities in England. Also, the visa guarantees the right to part-time work. Unlike most countries, in order to extend the validity of this document, you do not need to leave the territory of the state.
The main part of studying abroad is to communicate with a native speaker. This practice allows you to test the theoretical knowledge gained. Conversation skills instantly identify the student’s strengths and weaknesses and help identify points for future improvement with the teacher.
Learning vocabulary, grammar, spelling with a native speaker is best suited when you need to directly understand the culture of behaviour of foreigners, improve pronunciation, achieve a complete understanding of the use of informal turns of speech (idioms) and, of course, to overcome the language barrier.