Student Visa to Australia
- December 6, 2018
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Study in Australia
Every year more than 150 thousand students from abroad come to study in Australia, and all conditions are created for them. Australian quality education is not inferior to many American or English programs but costs 20% less. Also, there are a large number of grants and scholarships that can provide you with financial support for the period of study in Australia. International students can work up to 20 hours a week during the school year and full-time during the summer and winter holidays, which allows covering most of the costs of living in the country.
And of course, the wild nature of Australia, its magnificent beaches give a lot of opportunities for outdoor activities. Here you can travel around the country, swim, sunbathe and play sports because Australians love to relax.
If you are thinking to study in Australia, then you need to get a student visa (Student visa subclass 500). This kind of student visa Australia permits you to stay in Australia under the condition of full-time education in an accredited educational institution.
Specify whether your chosen educational institution and program is registered in the CRICOS system (Register of Institutes and Courses for Foreign Students). +
The minimum cost of a visa is from AUS 550.
- A valid passport and its copy.
- Confirmation of admission to the training course (CoE).
- Proof of financial solvency (availability of sufficient funds to pay for transportation costs, accommodation, and training.
- If a student is below 18 years old and his parents do not apply for an Australian visa, then they need to fill out a form 1229 (consent to receive an Australian visa for a child under 18).
- Health Insurance OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover).
- A medical report on the compliance of health requirements (medical examination may take several weeks, so it is better to pass it in advance before applying for a visa).
- A motivation letter expressing the intention to leave Australia after graduation. If available, you can attach the following documents: proof of employment (resume, employment contract, receipt of salary), proof of qualification (certified copy of the diploma, certificate, etc.
- If the last name was changed, you must provide the relevant documents.
- Complete form 956, if you use the services of third parties when applying for a visa.
- Confirmation of proficiency in English.
- A certificate from the police about no criminal record.
- Step 1: prepare all necessary documents (all documents must be translated into English and certified by an accredited translator). Scan all documents, including Russian originals, and when completing the online form, support them where necessary.
- Step 2: Create an account and fill out a visa application here. Get a TRN number by which you can track your application (assigned when registering an online application). Consular fees can be paid online when you apply.
- Step 3: track the status of the application and, if necessary, be prepared to provide additional documents.
- Step 4: Come to the interview at the appointed time.
- Step 5: Wait for the decision on your application (on average – 4 weeks)
Getting a visa is a serious matter when planning your study in Australia, take it as seriously as possible. Remember, the more carefully you prepare a package of documents, the fewer questions will arise among the embassy staff. Recommended study in detail the information on the website of the Australian Embassy.