Improve Your Chances To Get A Scholarship
- May 5, 2019
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Educational Scholarships
Many of us have had the ambition to study overseas but the dreams hardly see the light of the day. A bitter truth lies on the fact that most of us rely on some financial support to pay the international education expense. Hence, the scholarships for college students are so widely looked for. This can be the single largest determiner for some students for studying… and not studying. Other monetary benefits include paying for the cost of living.
But it must be noted that there are plenty of options for scholarships which are competitive in terms of the number of applicants they garner. So how do you multiply your chances to earn them? Read on.
- Have multiple universities in your list- As the old adage advises not to keep all your eggs on the same basket, you should not pin your hopes on one university’s scholarship program alone. This way, you can step closer to your dreams to study abroad. Besides there are many universities which have age and eligibility restrictions. If it turns out to be the only university you applied for, you have nothing but disappointment at hand.
- Have a realistic approach to the scholarships- Do not be under the impression that the education scholarship is going to pay all your expenses. By “all”, we mean “all”. Getting a full scholarship is difficult and even if you do get one, there are plenty of other expenses that are unaccounted for.
- Be confident- Some of the universities require you to write down your accomplishment and basically play to the gallery. This opportunity must not be missed as the application does want you to be expressive in your thoughts and want you to reflect your determination. Start with listing all your relevant achievements – not just academic results but also community work, career experience and awards.
- Stay away from scholarship scams- There is no better way to explain this. With the rise in students’ interest to study abroad, there has also been a sharp rise among the elements who try to rip you off by presenting the most believable scams. The first thing you need to get a clear idea about is that there is no such thing as a ‘guaranteed scholarship’. Next, it is only the reputed study abroad consultants in Dubai who can assist you with the entire scholarship and study visa process. The dodgy scholarship programs, on the other hand would have no credence and push their way to get maximum money out of the unsuspecting candidates. Needless to say, you must research each and every aspect of scholarships and what a study abroad consultant brings to the table.
- Get it done on time- It is true that you have lot of planning to do for finances which typically take at least 18 months before the course starts. But once you have been accepted onto the course, there is not much time left especially if you are to apply for a course-specific scholarship. So don’t miss your deadline. Stay in touch with the study abroad consultants.