How you can work while in an international university in UAE
- April 29, 2023
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: study abroad UAE
Not all students can have a dream run while studying at an international university in UAE. Some financial obligations under tiring circumstances demand them to double up their efforts and look for employment whilst pursuing a degree in any of the top-ranked universities in UAE. Dubai as the hub of education is now one of the most sought-after countries and thanks to its huge exposure in international trade and commerce, the employment opportunities are manifold. But many students are unaware of how they can maintain a work-study balance and find a decent job to sustain themselves. Let’s have a look at how it is done the right way!
- Apply for a student visa: Soon as you get admission to study at a university in UAE, you must immediately apply for a student visa. In order to do so you need to arrange all the necessary educational documents along with proof of identification for nationality which would be and scrutinized for verification at the time of the visa interview.
- Get your work permit: It is the university you are enrolled in that has the authority to approve your work permit. Hence, you need to get an approval letter from the concerned authorities to get your work permit done. Once you receive the approval letter for the work permit, it has to be submitted to the UAE Labour Department which shall issue the work permit which shall allow you to work part-time while studying in university/college study
- Make sure to complete your entire duration of study: One has to complete the minimum duration of study in their respective universities. By and large, the top-ranked University in Dubai thrusts on completing a minimum duration of the one-year study period in your university. Also, you should be enrolled in a full-time degree program.
- Adhere to the work-permit guidelines: As a foreign national and an international student studying at the international university in UAE, you are supposed to adhere to the guidelines regarding working hours as mandated by the rule of the land. In the UAE, you work only 15 hours per week and 40 hours during vacation and summer holidays. Furthermore, working for more than one job/employer is not permissible. Failing to adhere to these guidelines may result in your student visa getting rejected and you get sent back home.
- Age and other academic factors: One has to be at least 18 years of age and clear the entire required medical test in order to be declared fit to work in the UAE whilst studying. If you wish to work on-campus, you need to hold a minimum GPA of 2.2. There is no such requirement for working off-campus.
Foreign education can be a challenge for many given the lack of enough credible information. Moreover, few students and their families end up spending a fortune on basic education as they are manipulated by dubious agents that the money spend shall be worthwhile. However, we at Unidirection aka International Placement Consultants are committed to providing you with all the inputs regarding the best international universities to choose from and what it takes to crack the eligibility tests in these reputed universities. Get in touch with our team of education consultants to create a pathway to genuine foreign education that is recognized worldwide.