How it is Easy to Get UK student visa for study in UK?
- May 15, 2018
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Study in UK
We would like to cut to the chase to address the question as to how easy it is to get UK student visa for study in UK. The answer is that there is a standard operating procedure for obtaining a visa that makes you eligible to study in UK. Before starting to pack your bags, it is rather wise to complete the paperwork instead. Here’s how you can get started for getting UK student visa:
- Zero in on university to apply and get your acceptance letter- If you’re still unsure about where you want to study in the UK, you will have to decide before you can start your student visa application process. After being accepted at a British university, you’ll get an acceptance letter required for visa application.
- Ascertain what kind of UK student visa you need to apply for- There are broadly two types of UK student visa. These are:
- Short-term study visa– It is fit for students who are planning to pursue a short language course or take up a short period of research as part of a degree course. The availability of this visa is between 6 and 11 months.
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa – for students who wish to enroll in an academic study degree that lasts for a longer period time. It is most suited for those willing to complete their Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. course.
- When and where to apply for the UK student visa- The two ways and the venues wherein you can apply for the UK student visa are:
- The UK Embassy in your country.
- Apply online on the official website of the UK government. In order to complete this particular process
- The biometric residence permit is provided after taking the fingerprints and photograph at a visa application centre as part of your application.
- Schedule an appointment at the visa application centre.
Apart from the aforementioned requisites, it should also be duly understood that there are also certain requirements in regards to the language to get visa and even university scholarship uk. To prove that your knowledge of spoken and written English meet British visa requirements, you will need to pass secure English language test (SELT). You must meet the CEFR level B2 of language proficiency if you’re studying at a degree level or higher.
There is, however, an exception for students coming from certain countries. They may not require furnishing proof of English proficiency provided they have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree. In other words, some of the requirements are exclusive to a few nations only.
Things to avoid when applying for a UK student visa
In the light of the recent statement by the government of UK in regards to immigration, it is now clear that the rules of applying and getting a UK student visa have tightened more than ever. To avoid any last moment disappointment or rebuts that makes your purpose to study in UK questionable, you need to avoid the following:
- Avoid filling forms out incorrectly- This is obvious enough, but cannot be understated. More than ensuring that all the relevant and correct information is entered in appropriate field on the form, you must first double check on which form you are filling out. Much to the relief of offshore students, the UK government has digitized many of its visa procedures. Initially, the students may find some of the fields to be confusing. The host university’s website is the best guide to get proceeded smoothly and most UK university websites provide all the required instructions in details for your visa application. Failing that, you should consult your university contacts, which may be able to walk you through each field. There are also experts that’d assist the students with their knowledge in UK immigration law and procedures in return of a small fee. Given that a single error may seriously compromise your application chances; that’s a pretty small price to pay.
- Avoid ambiguity– Fill out all necessary information clearly, leaving no room for misinterpretation. For instance, spell out all acronyms – the UK official handling your application may not be familiar with local acronyms that refer to street or state names in your country. For instance if you live in India, write “India”, and not IND. Any kind of ambiguity would only delay your visa application and you would be summoned by the clearance officer more often than not. Another thing that should be kept in mind is that you’re not allowed to submit a new application whilst your visa is being processed.
- Avoid complacency in your documentation- One can’t help but bear with the stacks of paper. Like it or not, it’s a vital part of your application process. Hence, you may have to start the entire procedure all over again if you fail to submit a supporting document. Worse, there are going to be even more delays and eventually your chances of getting university scholarship in uk Make a note about translating all your necessary supporting documents translated into English and that they are arranged neatly together before you submit them. By and large, the process gets only as easy as you make it to the immigration Officers
Feeling worried, confused or trying to figure out where to start from? We at International Placewell Consultant have got you covered! We have been helping the ambitious students since 1996 to achieve their long cherished goal of completing their higher education in most sought after countries for studies. We have a pivotal role not just in the field of studies but also shaping up the future of students who wish to work in other countries with a work permit.