We work with over 3,500 organisations to find you the right placement, including the BBC, Sony, NHS and Rolls Royce.
SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY
Advantages Sheffield Hallam
96% student satisfaction for careers advice
Every course has a dedicated careers adviser. And we have the top-rated university careers advice service in the UK, with 96% student satisfaction (2015 Student Employability Index).
£100 million invested in facilities
We’re constantly updating and adding to the facilities you’ll use, with over £100 million invested in new facilities in the last 5 years. This means 24-hour libraries, student-designed study areas, and the same equipment you’ll find in your future workplace, whether it’s an aeroplane manufacturer or a hospital.
60,000 students in one city
Sheffield has everything you need, from thriving independent scenes in music, art and culture to the beauty of the Peak District, which covers a third of the city. With over 60,000 students, whatever you’re into, you’ll find it – and you’ll make new friends who are into it too.
Number1 for cost of living
Sheffield has a low cost of living compared to other major UK cities. We were ranked 1st in the UK for cost of accommodation and 2nd in the UK for cost of living in a 2015 student survey (autumn 2015 All Student Barometer survey, administered by i-graduate with 19 participating institutions).
Top 5 modern universities for research
Be taught by people who are experts in their subject and passionate about sharing their knowledge and industry experience with you. You’ll be learning from some of the best – we are one of the top 5 modern universities in the UK for research (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
Guaranteed accommodation in your 1st year
If you’re moving away to go to university, it’s important for your new place to feel like home. That’s why we guarantee to help you find accommodation for your first year.
International Foundation Programme
The following qualifications will be considered for entry on to our International Foundation
Programme in Art, Design and Media or Business, Law and Social Sciences.
- IELTS certificate from an approved centre
- Good high school graduation grades which include maths
The following qualifications will be considered for entry on to undergraduate programmes
- Two GCE/VCE A level passes
- High School Leaving Certificate, which is recognised as equivalent to A level standard
- Other international qualifications gained after 13 years of secondary/further education
- International Baccalaureate Diploma and those achieving 28 points or more
Postgraduate taught programmes (masters)
The following qualifications will be considered for entry on to postgraduate taught programmes
- A first degree or professional qualification recognised as being equivalent to degree standard
- An HND or higher education diploma with substantial work experience in an appropriate field
- Successful completion of a recognised pre-Masters course
TUITION FEES 2018
International (non-EU) tuition fees
- Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes
- £1,350 for 5 weeks or £2,700 for 10 weeks
- International Foundation Programme
- £9,950 for two-terms or £11,950 for three terms
- £12,750* (per year)
- Postgraduate taught
- £13,250 – £14,750* for the course
- £15,400* for the course
- Postgraduate research
- £12,400* (per year)
The fees will vary according to the degree chosen. Please check the university website www.shu.ac.uk for further details