Established in 1949, Keele University is one of the largest campus universities in the UK, with over 10,000 students studying on our beautiful 600-acre estate in Staffordshire, with our local NHS partners, and across the world. Keele sets the gold standard for teaching, with some of the most satisfied students in the country, and our research seeks to improve lives and address the most pressing challenges across our region, country, and world.
The Keele Community is diverse and made up of learners past and present, from all walks of life. With over 100,000 former students in more than 150 countries around the world, our alumni networks include leaders in an array of sectors, professions and careers, from CEOs, political leaders and TV presenters, to entrepreneurs, fashion designers and diplomats.
- Keele University has ranked in the UK Top 10 for the Best Student Experience in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020.
- In England, medicine at Keele is ranked 3rd behind only Oxford and Cambridge.( The Guardian League Table)
- Keele ranked 35th in the overall Guardian league table 2020, which uses metrics including student satisfaction, teaching quality, career prospects and student-staff ratio.
- Keele University has ranked in the Top 10 in England for student satisfaction with course in the Guardian University Guide 2021, and has seen four of its subjects achieve Top 10 in England status.
- Keele has been ranked among the UK Top 10 universities for the research opportunities offered to postgraduate students (PRES, 2019).