City’s tradition of providing high-quality education relevant to business and the professions dates back 160 years. For many of our graduates, time spent at City laid the groundwork for leadership, innovation, and excellence that have changed the world we live in.
Following a period of significant progress, City joined the University of London federation on 1st September 2016. The University of London was founded by the Royal Charter in 1836.
City, University of London has students from over 160 countries who benefit from our internationally renowned experience of more than one hundred years of research and education.
- City is a truly global institution with students, staff, and researchers from around the world.
- We are 36th in the world for International Outlook according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2020.
- 75% of our staff were assessed as producing 3* or 4* research in the last REF.
- Top 200 in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings, 2020.
- Top 350 in QS Global Rankings, 2021.
- 1st in London and fifth in the UK in the People and Planet University League