Founded in 1895 and a University since 1966, Aston is based in the centre of Birmingham- home to over 65000 students and one of the most lively cities in Europe.
The Charter of the University outlines objectives appropriate to a technological university: “to advance, disseminate and apply learning and knowledge by teaching and research, for the benefit of industry and commerce and of the community generally: and to enable students to obtain the advantage of a university education, and such teaching and research may include periods outside the University in industry or commerce or wherever the University considers proper for the best advancement of its objects.”
The emphasis is given to the placement year system, and the maintenance of strong links with industry and the local area, arise naturally from the institution’s history.
- The 2020 Guardian University of the Year.
- Silver Award by Athena SWAN for impact towards gender equality.
- Top 20 for 3* and 4* rated impact by the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- Outstanding Entrepreneurial University (Times Higher Education Awards, 2020).
- Best University Careers/Employability Service (National Undergraduate Employability Awards 2020).
- Aston Students’ Union ‘Buildings that inspire’ winner (Guardian University Awards, 2020).
For More information on studying at Aston university visit www.aston.ac.uk/international