What is Scholarship and How to Apply For Scholarships? Step By Step Process
- March 15, 2018
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Educational Scholarships
A meritorious student willing to study in abroad universities knows the importance of applying for “scholarship” the best. Scholarship is a financial support that is provided either by a top-ranked university or a donor. The funds obtained in a scholarship program can thus be used to pay the bills for tuition fees, books and accommodation. As opposed to the common belief that scholarship is limited academic excellence, many scholarships for college students are also awarded to students so they can achieve their goals in the field of sports and arts.
Scholarships for international students are of two common types; merit-based and non-merit based. Keep in mind that there is no limit to the number of international scholarship that a student can apply for.
How to apply for scholarships?
Scholarships are hard to come by these days due to the high number of international scholarship application that many foreign universities are receiving in the recent years. However one should not treat this to be a career deadlock. The key, in this case is to acknowledge the fact that applying for scholarships for college students is different from applying to colleges. Also, there is a list of things such as including essays, recommendation, and list of your achievements outside the academic discipline. Make sure you have a comprehensive international scholarship application. Additionally, we enlist the important points that you need to consider for applying for international scholarships.
- Research- The most of them all, a complete and detailed research about the number/type of scholarship would help you in having more options of scholarship for college students. Do not forget that the process of applying for scholarships is a lengthy process since you have to find the most suitable program for self, procure the application form and send the same before the closing date. It is likely that the scholarship program you have been eyeing for would be up for grabs even before the start of the academic year.
- Check the eligibility- Having researched about all the scholarships for college students, your next objective is to check for the eligibility. Right from the educational qualification to the criteria required in regards to whether you are deserving of the scholarship must be checked. For it could be very annoying to find out at the very last moment that you do not qualify for the scholarship you applied for.
- Include all required and correct information- This is the most crucial factor is to include all the relevant information that scholarship for college students ask from international. Failure to provide accurate information will not only put you in an awkward situation but would result in direct disqualification of your application owing to the paucity of facts. In case you are applying for student scholarship through references/referees, it is compulsory you choose these people wisely and keep them informed about the entire application procedure since they too might be verified by the authorities.
- Don’t miss the deadline- Perhaps it’d be utterly silly if all your hard work of applying for the scholarship goes in vain because of a delay on your part. Try and have at least a two-day buffer before the deadline so you can get done with all the printing and mailing task of the international scholarship application.
Scholarship application process in the most sought-after countries
It is known to one and all that the majority of the international students have gravitated towards countries like the USA, UK and Canada for higher studies. This is primarily due to the fact that the courses are well recognized all throughout the world and students are also able to pursue those subjects in the Masters and Phd levels. We try to brief you on how to apply for scholarship in the universities of these countries.
How to apply for scholarships in UK universities-
In order to apply for the uk university scholarships, the best and the best and the most centralized method would be UCAS or Universities and Colleges Admission Services. A UK-based organization, its main role is to operate the application process for British universities. As an organization, the UCAS functions as an independent charity, funded by fees charged to applicants and to universities, plus advertising income, and was formed in 1992 through the merger of the former university admissions system UCCA and the former polytechnics admissions system PCAS. UCAS can be a student’s one-desk solution as they provide complete assistance to the students which include several online application portals and free information and advice directed at various audiences, including students considering higher education, students with pending applications to higher education institutes, parents and legal guardians of applicants, school The Further Education college staff have active participation in helping students apply for uk university scholarships.
How to apply for scholarships in USA universities-
The best way to apply for scholarship in USA universities is by following filling out the scholarship application forms of all the reputed universities. All students must try to apply for the scholarship soon as they can. If you happen to be good at any sports and athletic activities, you may have a shot at fetching scholarship that won’t cover hundred percent costs but it’d help you get into the college of your choice anyway. The letter of recommendation (LOR) and the statement of purpose (SOP) should be written in the most persuasive way so it compels the university students to consider your scholarship program.
How to apply for scholarships in Canada universities-
One must note that the major intake for scholarships in Canadian universities starts before the month of September, the month when most students apply for scholarships. Students considering Canada are recommended to begin the application procedure 8-12 months prior to the intake. Scholarship deadlines vary amongst institutions. More importantly, you must also stay connected with your foreign education consultant.