Reasons Why Rankings Matter in Higher Education
- July 11, 2018
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Study Abroad in Dubai
Perhaps the first or at least one of the many questions asked by the students when they get in touch with the study abroad consultants is the ranking of the university which is being proposed by the education counselor. This just goes to show the relevance of the university ranking. The higher the university ranks in any of the list/surveys, the more desirable it becomes for the students to pursue the careers of their choice. While this is just an assertion on the surface level, let us find out some more reasons of its importance:
- National policy- Any country’s national policy can have a say in the formulation of a plan that can address the subject of university rankings. The rankings makes the part of the process under which the government makes policies to provide funding for selected institutions deemed as capable of becoming world-class, whereas others make use of rankings for classification purposes. Some of the most diverse countries like India, Russia and the Netherlands have put the rankings to use so they can oversee their partnership schemes, recognition and immigration policies.
- Monitoring and benchmarking- The best university ranking is not only a way great way to get the view of the participants respondents, these ranking report lets the universities analyze their performance as institution The senior leader in part of the process as well . Some even have dedicated staff or units for this purpose. Many use rankings not only to monitor their own performance, but also that of their partners and competitors for benchmarking purposes.
- Branding- Many surveys have shown that university branding is the key to get reliable data that supports the efforts of building the desired image of a university. A university’s rank system generated through surveys is thus the best available data to serve this purpose. Moreover, if these universities put the ranking displays on their official websites, social media handles, these increase the visibility and credibility.
- Quality of students enrolled- In the very same study, it has been purported that the university’s ranking is co relational to how well the university performs in rankings. No wonder the students who are planning to study overseas set their eyes in these top ranking universities.
- They attract researchers- A high ranking university is equally present in the agenda of a research scholar to seek employment. This was particularly perceived to be the case for top-ranked international universities. As a high ranked university, most of the scholars expect to get the best of research facility in order to further their studies in the distinguished. Furthermore, it is once again the credence of these universities that puts them right at the top of the preference list as well.
International studies and career building process requires a lot of planned moves than just the zeal to perform. Therefore, the students must seek the help of the foreign educational consultants to get through to the admission process of the renowned universities.