How to Enter the top USA University?
It is not easy to enter the top universities of the USA. It will be even more difficult for foreign entrants for whom English is not their native language. However, with high motivation and detailed development of the package of documents, a successful result is quite possible.
Options for admission to the top U.S. University for a foreigner:
Study abroad education consultants state, a potential foreign student has two main ways to enter the most prestigious American universities:
- High school in the United States (for at least two years prior to admission) and High School Diploma;
- enrolment after graduating from high school.
The first option offers significant advantages. The applicant receives, first, a document on the education of the American model, and secondly – optimal preparation for higher education in the United States.
When choosing a high school to study overseas, it is important to pay attention to the availability of Advanced Placement. These are high-complexity courses in specialized disciplines, and their successful study will be a big plus when applying.
How to enter a U.S. university without attending an American high school?
According to study abroad consultants in Dubai, a foreign applicant applying for a place at a top U.S. university must pass the following exams:
- TOEFL or IELTS to confirm a high level of English proficiency. The first exam is preferable, but most universities will accept the certificate of the second. For USA university scholarships, a really high result is important. For example, from 95 to iBT for TOEFL
- SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test), which is divided into Reasoning (reading, writing and mathematics) and Subject (tests on profile subjects);
- ACT (American College Testing) is an alternative to the SAT for undergraduate admissions.
Documents needed to study in USA universities:
Just passing the tests is not enough to successfully enter the American university.The candidate must provide the admissions committee with the following documents:
- Motivational letter
- Recommendations from teachers
- A document confirming the applicant’s financial viability and ability to pay for tuition, such as a sponsorship letter from a legal representative.
Essays, recommendations, and motivational letters are key documents that are studied by the admissions committees. Excellent academic performance and high level of English here no one will be surprised, it is every entrant. The main criteria for selection in this case are the motivation of the future student, his academic and creative achievements. With these skills, the chances of grabbing American university scholarships increases.
Terms and features of admission to universities in the USA:
Admission to a USA university is a long process: to become a student in a few weeks, will not work. The American higher education system allows you to apply to several universities at once.
Instead of entering top universities directly, many entrants choose a transfer. In this case, the future student goes first to college in the USA, and after two years of study tries to transfer to the desired university. Many applicants, including the Americans themselves, choose this very path as easier.
Going to university in the U.S. is not easy, especially if your goal is the Ivy League ranking. To reduce the risk of failure due to insufficient preparation or incorrect paperwork, we recommend seeking advice from overseas education consultants.