Australia, An Ideal Place For A Language Immersion
- June 5, 2020
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Study in Australia
According to the Quality of Life index carried out by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Australia was ranked as the happiest country within a sample of 34 countries.
Among the characteristics that made Australia position itself as the happiest country in the world are, almost perfect economic indexes, universal access to health, favorable labor laws, excellent academic level, paradisiacal landscapes and a unique climate.
Thanks to all these characteristics, 84% of the Australian population says that they have more positive experiences than negative experiences every day. Job offers in Australia are estimated to increase, as 73% of the population aged 15 to 63 have formal and paid work, which is above the average of 66% in OECD countries.
The Human Development Index (HDI) 2011 made by the United Nations (UN), placed Australia as the second place to live, the variables that were taken into account in this study were health, education, per capita income and hope of life.
At the end of the degree many of us consider going to study English abroad. And as work is today, if we also have the option of working or doing an internship in a company, the more better it is.
Out of many of the destinations for a language immersion trip, Australia is one of the most attractive. Many of us will agree that to study the language it is perfect to spend a long stay in an English-speaking country, and Australia in this sense is ideal. To know more about student visa Australia, you should contact an education consultant.
Taking a look at the different language schools, we find that various universities in Australia offers English courses throughout the year, in various destinations on the continent: either in the metropolitan Sydney, the cosmopolitan Brisbane, on the beaches of Noosa or in the Melbourne’s historic streets.
The center has developed the Gap Year programs, to combine language learning through total immersion, with trips, encounters and discoveries, as well as with work, internships and paid jobs.
The universities offers language courses, which you can take for a quarter, a semester or a full year, and are the key element of the GAP YEAR programs.
If what you want is to work, they also offer internships in companies, provided that you have taken a language course before.
Recommendations for studying in Australia
- Make friends with the natives of the place where you are going to study, this will allow you to master the language, you will adapt faster and they will surely show you their country.
- Within the Institute where you are studying, join cultural or sports groups, it will allow you to make friends and develop better with the language.
- Do not be afraid to speak, express yourself so you do not know how to say some words or sentences, you must have a pro-active attitude, and surely anyone can help you improve your language.
- Financial aid, study in Australia involves many financial expenses, so look before studying abroad scholarships from your university or government aid, to help you pay tuition, child support or accommodation.
- And don’t forget, DO NOT isolate yourself and integrate.